Last year, Aston Martin

Aston Martin Has Posted A Loss Of $293 Million In First-Half Of 2020

Aston Martin has had a difficult time since floating in 2018 as it failed to meet expectations and burnt through cash, prompting it to give a stake to a consortium led by billionaire Lawrence Stroll.






View Photos

Last year, Aston Martin’s half-year pre-tax loss stood at 80 million pounds

Carmaker Aston Martin, which has changed its boss and brought in a billionaire investor this year, posted a deeper first-half loss of 227 million pounds ($293 million) on Wednesday amid a slump in sales. Its main factory, which closed during the lockdown, is not due to reopen until the end of August as the firm focused on resuming production at a new site in Wales, where its first sport utility vehicle, the DBX, rolled off the line this month.

Renowned as James Bond’s carmaker of choice, the firm has had a difficult time since floating in 2018 as it failed to meet expectations and burnt through cash, prompting it to give a stake to a consortium led by billionaire Lawrence Stroll.

4ic6gk1s

Aston Martin is now focused on resuming production at a new site in Wales, where its SUV, Aston Martin DBX will be manufactured

Since then it has announced job cuts, reduced inventories and picked a new chief executive among a series of changes, while it is also responding to the pandemic which contributed to a 41% drop in sales.

“It has been a challenging period with our dealers and factories closed due to COVID-19, in addition to aligning our sales with inventory with the associated impact on financial performance as we reposition for future success,” Stroll said.

The firm’s half-year pre-tax loss of 227 million pounds compares to a loss of 80 million pounds in the same period last year. Revenue fell by nearly two thirds to 146 million pounds.

The company said it had identified an accounting error in its U.S. region, meaning the firm’s loss was slightly deeper in 2019 with a reduction in earnings before interest and tax of 15.3 million pounds.

Aston’s first 4×4 is central to its turnaround plans as it enters a lucrative segment of the market in a bid to widen its appeal, including to more female buyers.

“We’re pleased with how it’s developing,” finance chief Ken Gregor told Reuters.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

0 Comments

For the latest auto news and reviews, follow carandbike on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.



The News is copyright of Owner. Please Read Disclaimer

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.